Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween Tartlets

Via Alexander Russo, this Boulder Weekly columnist bemoans the marketing of "sexy" Halloween costumes to pre-pubescent girls. I admit, I was Cleopatra for Halloween when I was eight or nine, but since this was October in Michigan (which is often accompanied by snow), I wasn't exactly showing any skin. At the risk of sounding like a crotchety old person, I do sometimes get the sense that little girls' clothes are more sexualized today than they were in my fabled youth. It's not just Halloween costumes--Have you seen the "regular" duds in the 4-6x section of your local Target recently? On the other hand, if this guy thinks the picture accompanying his article online portrays an excessively sexual costume, he really does need to get a life.

No comments: