Thursday, December 14, 2006

Meet Ms. Pappas

Pre-K Now recently launched a new teacher blog by New Jersey pre-k teacher Sophia Pappas. It's well worth your time to check out. I find a lot of people are confused about what we mean when we talk about high-quality preschool and, in particular, early literacy and school readiness teaching for young children. If you're one of those folks, a glimpse in Ms. Pappas' classroom can help you get a better sense of that.

With this new blog and Richard Colvin's Early Stories, I'm pleased to see early childhood gaining ground in the edu-blogosphere, which has generally seemed dominated by K-12 and higher ed bloggers. If readers know of any other good early childhood or preschool blogs I'm missing, I'd appreciate if you'd send them my way.

No comments: