Friday, June 22, 2007

Goodbye, for now

This is a sad post for me to write, since it's probably going to be my last here for a while.

As Andy mentioned in an incredibly kind post over at Eduwonk, today is my last day at Education Sector. In a few weeks I'll be starting a new job at the New America Foundation, where I'll be leading their Early Education Initiative and also contributing to their work on federal education policy. This is an exciting opportunity for me to work with some great people on an issue I care a lot about.

At the same time, I'm sad to be leaving Education Sector: It's not often you get an opportunity to be a part of creating an incredibly successful and dynamic organization from the time it's just a spark in someone's eye, and I've really enjoyed and grown incredibly during the last two years I've been here. I'll particularly miss the incredible staff I've had the opportunity to learn from and work with here--especially Andy Rotherham. As Andy mentioned, he and I have worked together for almost seven years. I'm very grateful that he saw potential in me back then and for the incredible professional opportunities he's given me since then. He's a great policy thinker and entreprenuer, but he's also a great boss, mentor and friend.

I've also really enjoyed blogging here at the Quick and the Ed. I've enjoyed the back and forth with various folks, and I know I'm a better writer and thinker for it. While I won't be blogging here any more, I'm not entirely going to be gone from the blogosphere. You'll find me posting from time to time at the New America Foundation's Higher Ed Watch blog, and as Andy mentioned, I'll be guest-blogging for him at Eduwonk later this summer. And you may occassionally find updates on my doings at my boyfriend's blog, which, if you're not already reading, you should be.

So: Good-bye for now, but just for now, and don't be a stranger.

No comments: