Friday, January 30, 2009

Taking Requests for Non-Education-Related Pop Culture Posts

From time to time I'll be at an event or conference of some sort and someone will walk up, introduce themselves, and say "I like your blog." (This is, FYI, a surefire conversation-starter; I'm as susceptible to flattery as the next guy.) Yet often--it actually happened twice this week--this is followed by "especially the posts that aren't about education." From there the conversation trends quickly to matters like the tragedy of Frank Sobotka and why Omar loved Honey Nut Cheerios. While this is all to the good since you really can't spend too much time pondering the larger meaning of Omar, it does make me wonder about the posts about education. But I'm going to yield to the collective wisdom of our readers (or at least our sociable conference-going readers) and take requests for further posts on topics wholly unrelated to education. The final season of Galactica? The new Watchmen movie? Books? Video games? Rock music? You tell me! The comments are open. 

5 comments:

Lulu said...

I, for one, really enjoy your education posts! Please don't neglect them to talk about pop culture! I have other blogs for that...

Unknown said...

I enjoy the education posts as well as I am a bit of a datahead myself, but I would not argue with a discussion of the final season of BSG. I haven't been too happy with things since about midway through the 3rd season...so many plotlines...so little time to even attempt to tie them together. It sometimes feels like Lost lite.

Anonymous said...

thanks

Unknown said...

We are watching The Wire now based in part on your past posts. However, we're nowhere near the education season yet. Still in Season 1.

Anonymous said...

perhaps a list of your three favorite (non-educational) books...or three fiction & three non-fiction?