Thursday, July 02, 2009

My New Address

As some QuickandtheEd readers know, I started yesterday as executive director of the Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington, a consortium of 85 highly diverse independent schools educating 34,700 students in the Washington, D.C., region. I'll be leading a team that produces data and sponsors programs for AISGW schools on a wide range of topics, builds professional networks, and is a highly regarded voice for independent education and a source of expertise on independent school issues in the Washington region and beyond. Among other things, it's an opportunity to learn a lot about the day-to-day workings of schools.
In September, I'll begin writing the “Washington View” column for Kappan magazine on a wide range of federal and national issues, focusing on school reform. I've signed up to write a couple of longer national policy pieces. And I hope to continue to contribute to the good work of Education Sector.
Launching and leading the organization has been a tremendous experience. I’ve learned an immense amount. I’m more than a little proud of what our team has accomplished. And I leave the organization knowing that it's in good hands. There is a tremendous need for the independent analysis that Education Sector has brought to the education debate.
Here's my new contact information, and I looking forward to staying in touch.
Thomas Toch
Executive Director
Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
P.O. Box 9956
Washington, DC 20016
ttoch@aisgw.org
o) 202-625-9223
c) 202-487-5941

No comments: