Monday, September 11, 2006

Sara Mead Hates Boys!*

Tomorrow afternoon Richard Whitmire, Harry Holzer and I will be discussing boys' and girls' academic achievement and whether or not Americans need to be concerned about boys falling behind academically. Richard's currently writing a book about why he's worried about boys (and thinks you should be to), I wrote a paper that looked at trends in male and female achievement and came to (mostly) more sanguine conclusions, and Dr. Holzer does research on the situation of African-American men and boys. AFT's Ruth Wattenberg will moderate. Conversation commences at the National Press Club at 1:00 PM. For more info or to register, click here. And don't be afraid: Both Richard and I have promised not to throw any food.

*No, I don't, silly! In fact, I like them quite a bit.

No comments: